Dienstag, 17. November 2015

DIY Pillow (native american friendship)

Well hey guys! Sorry for the last few days. No, I am still alive and kinda fine, it were just a few odd days lately. Anyways I feel much better now and got some new ideas to try out and show you guys. So first of all, yes, I am still into native american styles, guess this is my possesion for the colder time this year. That for I found a tiny pillow I wanted to tune up in this matter. This is very easy and can be a great gift for friends and family but, it takes a bit more time and patience. You won´t need much, just a pillow or filling material from a craft store, some yarn and textile of your choice. That´s it, you can go ahead. As usual I  wrote the progress beneath my photos. Let me know, if you try it and I would love to see pictures. If you got any requestes, let me know in the comments. Feel huged. XOXO


I think it is perfect for my bed where I (try to) practise guitar and
snuggle up every night and whenever in need.
I chose this very fluffy fleece and the bright red yarn. The tiny pillow I got very cheap at a craft store.
Draw the size of your pillow (or wanted size) onto the textile and
cut it out a bit bigger. I simply used some chalk on this dark piece,
but usuallya pencil just works fine. To keep the pieces together
how I wanted them to be, I turned them inside out and used a simple
stitch to hold them together. After that I turned them back and
squeezed in my lillte pillow.
Now starts the real stitching. To close my pillow case and create a nice touch to the edges I used a blanket stitch.
This is very easy and fast with the right needle to get through the material. Now it is time to choose a motive.
I went with some crossed arrows, a symbol for friendship, protection and warding from evil spirits. Furthermore
I added  four letters for the compas directions north, south, west, east (in German), because I thought it matches.
Again I used simple stitching for the motive, because it is the
easiest, but of cause you could also try with another.
And there you go. Finished!
I know, it doesn´t look perfect, but in fact it doesn´t have to.
Really like it, and it was fun to make it.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen