Dienstag, 3. November 2015

DIY Cup coaster

Hey guys! You wouldn´t believe it, but we have such a wonderful weather this week, that I already went out twice wearing dress and skirt. Well of course it got really chilly in the evening but I was mainly sitting in the sun or university and it was warm enough to still feel comfortable in it. That kinda made my day. So after I shared this nice side fact with you we get on to my first November DIY. Again there are many I´d like to try out, but we´ll see which ones work good enough to show you guys. I´ve seen this idea a while ago and actually wanted to make it for halloween, but I felt like it actually goes better with November or december, so here we go.

I´ve made some really nice coasters to put under my cups and mugs of tea and chai and hot chocolate during this upcoming cold time of the year. It´s super easy, doesn´t take longer than drinking a cup of tea and I found it absolutely inexpensive and adorable. So this is how it works: get yourself some nice flat wood piecees, a permanent marker and your favorite mug. The wood can be small circles or square, whatever you prefer. I got mine from my stepmom´s dad, who had a lot of them left over. He treated them to make them a bit shiny and water resistant (don´t ask me how, I got no idea), but I guess you don´t need to do that. At first I helped myself and got a pencil and drew the moon circle on ever piece. If you already know how it should look you can use the permanent marker right away. After I finished that I followed the line with mentioned permanent marker so my motive stays on there for "eternety". Now I removed the last lines of the pencil and voíla your done. It is so freakin´easy I love it and it looks so damn cool! (Especially when you are a big fan of Teen Wolf, you know...) So try it out, enjoy and feel hugged. xoxo




2 Kommentare:

  1. I like the design, the moon which change are really cool, I think I will make one with that pic

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I know what you mean. Saw the idea and fell in love with it, now I got my very own selfmade set in my room and I just happy about that. try it out and show me^^

      Löschen