Freitag, 11. September 2015

Granatium in Radenthein, Carinthia, Austria

Hey guys! My grandma and her friends took me on a trip today. In the center of Radenthein in the biosphere park Nockberge, is the GRANATIUM, an extraordinary and family-friendly world of experience around the "stone of love and passion." We spent three hours there walking with our guide through the museum, the mining tunnel where they mined the stone named "Granat". This is a mostly dark redish stone, but it can also has almost every colour exept blue. It was really fun and super informative. In the end we were also allowed to hammer out our own little stone. As I said I had really fun and hope to get there again. After that we went to eat chicken for lunch and visited a friend of my grandma, she makes a lot of nice pottery. Now I am back home and think about what to make for dinner. Wish you a nice evening, feel hugged. XOXO


Our guide Steffi, a great young lady, who really has a feeling for kids and explaining complex facts easy enough
for everyone. Here we are in the first room to learn about the basics one should know about this kind of stones. 
Of course granat comes always along with other
minerals, cystals and stones.
This is what the museum looks like, easy, not to big but astonishing.
And below I made a shot in the mining tunnel (8°C) for you.
Here we were allowed to hammer for our own stones, what was awsome.
Just to give you a feeling of the surrounding you find there. So beautiful!
Oh gosh this is where we were eating the best chicken in town! And it is so nice there...
We did eat inside, but as I said: so nice.
And this is what my granny´s friend is creating with clay.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen