Samstag, 15. August 2015

DIY Harry Potter lamp (deadly hollows)

Hey guys! Today is so terribly boring somehow. The weather is changing every hour so we can bearly do something and my little brother and stepmom seem to be a bit mood changing like the weather. Not so easy. Anyway before I almost lost my mind today, I finished a DIY project I started a while back. A very easy Harry Potter lamp made of wood, hard and transparent paper, hotglue and paint. Yes, that´s all you need.


So that´s the one I found online. It is made of wood and sheer glas. Sure I wanted to make a copy of this, but I
couldn´t find any fitting glas and the wood I wanted to use was way to expensive at the moment, so I thought:
Okay, very cheap and easy then for the first try.
So I bought three little decorative wood plates for 1€ each
and hot glued them together.
After that I cut out this triangle from hard paper and glued it on the
back to cover it up a bit. The space below is for the fake candle I
want to put in and out (to make it really a lamp and not just decor).
Then I painted the outsides black.
For the front I messured how big my triangle has to be and then
drew the sign of the deadly hollows on it and cut it out with a
stanley knive to create clean edges.
Of course I also had to paint this part black before I took some sheer paper and glued it to the back, what was
standing over the edges of the triangle got cut away. And the last step was to simply hotglue this part on the rest.
And voila! Not perfect but I am pretty proud of my first try.
What do you think? Go ahead and try it to. It is cheap, fast and nice.


2 Kommentare: