Montag, 13. Juli 2015

Cardigan (Wales)

Cardigan (Welsh: Aberteifi) is a town in the county of Ceredigion inWales It lies on a tidal reach of the river Teifi. The settlement at Cardigan was developed around the Norman castle built in the late 11th or early 12th century. The castle was the location of the first National Eisteddfod in 1176 and in 2014 was undergoing restoration. In the 18th century the town became an important port which had declined by the early 20th century. Cardigan is an anglicisation of the Welsh Ceredigion meaning "Ceredig's land." The town's Welsh name Aberteifi means "mouth of the Teifi."


So far just some facts for those, who are interested. As I told you from our cottage it takes us about five to ten minutes with the car to get there. It is a really nice town with awsome little shops and cafes. I even found some things I´d like to recreate at home. I´ll show you if figure out how.



Taking a look down the street.
I really like those old houses squeezed together along the street.
This one just cought me,  but not sure why.
Maybe the windows, maybe the colours.
Oh I had to get me sweets here! I guess you understand why, right? So nice!
There are two shops with nautical items like this.
Hope to get in the shop soon, to take a closer look.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen